Diemersfontein Pinotage on Tap

Saturday, October 2, 2010

baFor all of you out there who enjoy this wine would agree with me, there is no better sentence than: Diemersfontein Pinotage on Tap!

I love Diemersfontein Pinotage – a smooth coffee, rolo chocolate taste in your mouth. When Hubby told me he bought tickets for this years Pinotage launch I was beyond ecstatic.

Diemersfontein on Tap was held at The Cradle Restaurant here in Johannesburg & when we arrived there were Safari Vehicles ready to transport us into the bush.  Arriving in the bush we were greeted with goodie bags that contained - most importantly - your wine glass for the day, a nice fresh sandwich, biscuits & mineral water.  Between the trees were hay bales, picnic blankets, cushions and chairs.  Pick a spot & relax. Gallons of free flowing wine, chocolate fountains with strawberries, waiters walking around with platters of canapés & delectable foods & most importantly – barrels and barrels of Pinotage ON TAP. There was also a stage with a line up of top performers… ahhhh…. Bliss….
My day started with Diemersfontein Chenin Blanc (bad idea)
(picture via pear tree hey bridge)

Impressed with this wine I (via Hubby's credit card) purchased a case.  Smooth, Silky white wine. You know when you mix cookie dough? That sweet buttery taste you get when you lick your fingers? Yeah, that was it. Delicious, only down point to this is by the time I found my way to the Pinotage Barrels my "naughty" twin came out to play & could barely put one foot in front of the other.  Bearing my stained teeth to the world with pride, this is a wine that makes you smile.

All in all it was a great day filled with lots & lots of wine, good friends, dancing, drinking & trying to stay upright. ;-) My poor Hubby.

Sunday was awful, just awful I tell you: Headache, ego bruised, my legs bruised, eish!
(picture via funny hub)

Well, I will have to start training for next years Pinotage on Tap day.

Have a good week all.

Cheers!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © poppysmic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.