A Fish called Panga

Monday, November 29, 2010

Missing our Spanish lunches I decided to celebrate food, yet again & prepare a platter for lunch with bits and pieces of mouthwatering delicacies that reminds me of Spain.
Walking down the isles of Pick & Pay I started to fill my basket with Parma Ham, olives, fresh bread, cheese, asparagus and then ... I saw this interesting little creature ... a pink fish with a white underbelly staring at me with his big vague eyes and sharp little teeth - a fish called Panga.  
Now that would be the perfect finish to our lunch.   I have never heard of this fish before & was pondering how to prepare and cook it.  Of course the intelligent way would be to google it and find a tested recipe, but that's just boring ;-)
I decided to prepare it easy and fresh, sticking with the usual fish ingredients I trust.  Chopped fresh garlic, basil,  yellow pepper, chopped ginger, olive oil, salt & pepper.



I stuffed the fish with the sliced yellow pepper, garlic, basil & ginger.  Coated it in Olive Oil and sprinkled salt & pepper over it before grilling it in the oven.



While Panga was happily frying in the oven, I prepared the rest of the lunch ...

The fish came out perfectly tender and soft and yummy taste ... oh Yeah ... must be all the butter in the middle oozing out in a dance of garlic & basil.


What a delicious lunch.  We had some Fat Bastard Chardonnay with this and it was a perfect soft & buttery combination with a smooth soft aftertaste.

Out of interest I decided to google this fish anyway and see if I can find some different recommended recipes.  I came upon a nice and simple one... You place the fish in a glass steam-able dish, cover the fish in soya sauce, sesame seed oil, slivers of ginger and chopped spring onion.  Steam for more or less 8 minutes & serve.

Now that also sounds delicious & a little more healthier than my butter infused one ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © poppysmic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.