Kicking off the evening...

Friday, August 27, 2010

So while waiting for the Restauranteur & Peapod, I got thirsty ... the kind of thirst only a glass of wine can sooth, at least that is what i convince myself of ... So I opened my first, never tried before, white wine of the evening: Buitenverwachting Buiten Blanc 2009
I know I know, I should wait for the guests, but hey life is short & hubby is game.

Now if you go onto their website it's the idealistic farm you would love to retire on, with a beautiful sunset glistening over the mountains... sigh.
Anyway, back to reality & taste: 

Nose: The nose is flinty with undertones of fruitsalad and cut-grass.   Yeah, that's it.  Fruit bouquet. 


Op die tong:  A lovely remainder of dried fruit roll hangs around the tongue after the wine has disappeared into my belly – this I love.


Pallet:  No lingering aftertaste at all, this I find sad & tricky, makes me keep on sipping glass after glass to keep it lingering - oh no! ;)



The two bottles after this will be 



Now this BEAUTY is a known feature in my life.  I absolutely LOVE this wine & would like to keep my tasting notes for another day with a recipe from the wine owner herself, she is gorgeous and I can't wait to share her cooking skills with you.

Cheers! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © poppysmic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.