The 'Groot Dors' & my "little" friend Fat Bastard

Saturday, September 4, 2010


So I woke up this morning with the Groot Dors!
It’s a Afrikaans saying; You know that feeling when you wake up with such a uncontrollable thirst and down liters of water thinking this will make it all better just to realize that the thirst is still there and the uncontrollable nausea enters your stomach?
Yes, that my dear wine lovers is the Groot Dors.
I felt that this might be the only answer to my thirst: 
picture via Wonder cafe

but the thought of the immense pleasure my hubby would go through assisting would just bruise my already tender ego.
So Friday Afternoon I went on my hunt for a good bottle of White and I stumbled on to …. EEEKKK… A BIG bottle of Fat Bastard Chardonnay! 1.5 liters of Delight & only R84.00? Sounds like a winner.
With my big bottle in tow I headed home. Entering the kitchen I was welcomed by gorgeous smells of fresh chopped basil, garlic, chili, parsley… mmm (stomach grumble) life is good.  Hubby’s preparation for dinner was coming along nicely.
All ingredients were fresh & no Butter! I know! No Butter? Seriously?!!
I did not want to meddle so I just let it go, sipped on my glass of Chardonnay & pulled our take away menu closer.

So dinner went smoothly with Love Tailor and The Dude.
Fresh, light steamed Salmon with herb crust, grilled prawns, also with fresh herbs, still no butter, and steamed veggies with a big crispy salad to match.  We were definitely prepared for Love Tailor’s diet requirements. By the end of the meal I was licking my fingers, yeah you heard me right, dinner was delicious & no butter needed (blush)

My little friend - Fat Bastard was good to me.  I over catered a bit thinking everyone will have some, but only myself and hubby ended up drinking… no wait … finishing the whole bottle. He he he, explaining the next mornings Groot Dors.

The Dude brought a bottle of Red, which he finished by himself,  and Love Tailor declined politely, because of the diet, which suited the crazy lady in me quite happily, more for me, I mean us.
I ended up getting my taste of butter after all. Yay! 
Full-bodied Chardonnay & with the first big mouthful it had a beautiful buttery complexity with a toasty finish. Gorgeous.
Summer is arriving and this brings forth my hubby’s love for entertaining and he comes up with invites to celebrate a specific day in history, just so that he can have a Braai. 
Hubby:  “but Tipsy, it’s the celebration of the first monkey that went into space, we have to braai” hahha, oh goodness.
I have to admit, I love his silly invites, spending long summer day’s with friends & loved ones and indulging in a good glass of Vino …  from now on Fat Bastard will be added to the guest list.

Cheers all.

 I've taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.
- Sir Winston Churchill

1 comments:

AestheticWaif said...

No butter? WOT? Will the real Tipsy please stand up..?! ;)

Post a Comment

Blog contents © poppysmic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.